FAQ for group reservation
- How do I reserve for my group?
- When should I reserve for my group?
- What information should I provide when making the reservation?
- Which logistics should I choose for my group?
- Which option is the most suitable for my group?
- Does my group need a professional guide?
- What if my group is composed of young foreigners?
- My group is made up of adults, but I would like to have professional supervision. What is the monitor’s role?
- What happens if, on the day, the number of confirmed participants has decreased with no valid reason?
How do I reserve for my group?
There are two ways to make the reservation:
- Call between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. : +33 (0)3 88 82 65 46
- Fill in the contact form (you will receive a reply within 2-3 days at the latest, excluding weekends and public holidays, depending on how urgent it is. For urgent requests, we guarantee a reply on the same day)
When should I reserve for my group?
- For a week-day reservation: it is possible to make the reservation the day before.
- For reservations at the weekend or on public holidays: we would advise you to make the reservation 1-2 weeks in advance.
- Consult our availability online to check your availability against ours. Availability is updated periodically (maximum every other day).
Beware: the availability given online does not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate a large group.View online availability
What information should I provide when making the reservation?
Given the different types of canoes available, the following information should be provided:
- Number of adults
- Number of teenagers (children over 12 who may navigate should be seated at the front or the rear)
- Number of children aged from 7 to 12 (considered as non-navigators, they will be seated between the 2 navigators in a 3 or 4-Person canoe)
What if there is an odd number of navigators?
There are two possibilities:
- Put 3 navigators in the same boat. We would like to make it clear that this is not recommended in the interests of stability (especially if the 3 adults are big).
- Favour a 1-Person kayak, even if it means having to rotate the kayaker.
- The crew which works best will always be the one consisting of 2 navigators.
- Always give the maximum number of participants when making a pre-reservation (i.e. a provisional reservation subject to confirmation of the final number of participants).
Which logistics should I choose for my group?
Given the different logistical options, it is worth considering whether you need to:
Opt for full logistical support:
We take charge of transferring both participants and rented material.
Opt for our «Chauffeur» service,
especially when it comes to large groups where group drivers are responsible for transferring part of the group.
We will take care of transferring all the material.
The majority of our canoe trips start up river, and in many cases, with the “Chauffeur” service, the group drivers have to drop participants off at the launch site before coming to our base in Sélestat to leave their vehicles, register and collect the dry barrel storage drums and lifejackets (this means knowing the participants’ sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL) for the whole group, before taking the shuttle transport.
> Find out more about our «Chauffeur» service
Opt for our «Material Transfer» service
This service involves the transfer of rented material. Participants are responsible for transferring their group members.
Choosing this option presupposes that your group has vehicles at both the launch and landing sites. Our shuttle vehicle will only take care of transferring the rented material.
Which option is the most suitable for my group?
When choosing the canoe package, and thus the distance you intend to cover, you should consider the needs and abilities of each person.
The paddle times given are always calculated at a steady but leisurely pace with no stops.
It is altogether possible to take breaks all along the route: however, all our options require participants to return no later than 6.30 p.m. (except the “Full day” Sélestat-Huttenheim option, where the return time is 6 p.m.). For the morning trip, the return time is 12.45 p.m.
Does my group need a professional guide?
- «School» groups or groups of youngsters accompanied by adults who are not their legal guardians (our company does not rent out boats to minors under 18) are subject to supervision by a monitor with a state diploma or by a sports teacher specialized in Canoe and Kayak.
- The person supervising cannot be in charge of more than 16 participants (1 for 16) for a maximum of 10 boats per monitor.
Please note: We can only offer you these services on the basis of a quote. It takes longer to process these requests than for a standard one because our availability and that of our partner responsible for the monitors must coincide.Contact us
What if my group is composed of young foreigners?
In principle, French legislation applies to all practicing groups in France. However, certain derogations may exist for equivalent training. It should be noted that French legislation obliges non-EU nationals to possess a French professional licence before they can supervise groups.
My group is made up of adults, but I would like to have professional supervision.
What is the monitor’s role?
Supervision consists of one or more qualified monitors taking responsibility for a group of participants – the role of the monitor is to promote the awareness and teach the practice of canoeing. His/her main role is to put together functional crews and to teach participants how to navigate in a canoe.
Very often, groups of adults look for a sort of «nature guide» to give them information on the natural environment and help them discover the region. Our company does not consider this service as one of supervision as it is not its ultimate purpose. This type of accompaniment has a different goal and leaves participants free to navigate in total autonomy (at his/her own risk), with the intervention of a guide.Consult us for further information
What happens if, on the day, the number of confirmed participants has decreased with no valid reason?
Due to many instances of abuse, the final number of participants confirmed a maximum of five days prior to the reservation date cannot be reduced by more than 20% without valid reason on the eve of that date.
A change in the number of participants (reduction) on the day of the trip, without prior notice, will be invoiced on the basis of the numbers given when the reservation was confirmed.