Accepted means of payment
Cash, credit card, cheque, holiday vouchers, UnionPay.
How to get to the Canoës du Ried nautical base in SélestatFind us on Google Maps
By car or bike
GPS coordinates: 48.249042, 7.458987
Important: to reach our nautical base, you must exit Sélestat. This will avoid you going to Sélestat’s Canoe and Kayak Club (slalom gates on the river).
Coming from Strasbourg
- Take the A35/E25 motorway in the direction of Colmar/Sélestat
- Take exit 17 (Freiburg, Châtenois, Marckolsheim)
- Follow signs for Marckolsheim. At the 6th roundabout, head for «Vieille Ville» (3rd exit on the left), the base is 200 m up on your right.
Coming from Colmar
- Follows signs for Sélestat/Strasbourg
- Take exit 18 after Guémar and head in the direction of Sélestat Centre
- Keep going until you reach Sélestat
- At the first roundabout, follow signs for Marckolsheim, at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit on the left and head for «Vielle Ville»
- The base is 200 m up on your right. Ankunft 200M danach auf der rechten Seite
Coming from Germany
Follow signs for Marckolsheim/Sélestat.
Coming from Sasbach:
Follow signs for Marckolsheim, then Sélestat. Go past “la Chapelle des Neiges”, and at the roundabout, head for «Vieille Ville» (first exit on your right). The base is 200 m up on your right.
Coming from Rust:
If you take the ferry at Rhinau, head in the direction of Marckolsheim, then follow the Sasbach itinerary.
Coming from Breisach:
- Follow signs for Sasbach, then follow the Sasbach itinerary.
- Follow signs for Colmar, then follow the Colmar itinerary.
Sélestat railway station (TER Obernai-Barr-Sélestat line)
It should be noted that no buses stop at the Canoës du Ried nautical base. You can get there by bike (train + bike) or, on request, we can come to pick you up at Sélestat railway station.
The Canoës du Ried nautical base is open for 2022, from 01 May to the 25th of September:
April – October: Closed
May: Closed on monday, Tuesday and Thursday
September: Opening during the week regarding our online disponibility
July – August: Totally closed on monday, Office closed on Tuesday.
For further information:
- Call +33 (0)3 88 82 65 46 between Wednesday to Monday: 10 am to 11:30 am and 14pm to 17:30 pm. We do not take booking enquiry per telephon, only online booking per our website. Enquiries aren’t with online payment.
- Drop by the nautical base after 4.15 p.m.: 35 Route de Marckolsheim – 67600 SELESTAT. Only when our basis is open.
- Send us your message via the contact form.
In low season, we are not available to answer the telephone since we are too busy maintaining the base and its material. We would therefore prefer you to contact us via the contact form.
Organising your canoe trip or trek
The Canöes du Ried nautical base is the meeting place for all trips. You can safely leave your car or bike in our spacious car park.
- Opening times at the base will depend on the canoe option you have chosen.
> View all our options
- You will be given a life jacket which complies with current safety standards and which is adapted to your build.
- You will be given a detailed, simplified «route map» and a dry barrel storage drum (55 litres per canoe) for your personal belongings.
- You will receive advice and instructions to allow you to fully enjoy your canoe trip and to better appreciate the region’s exceptional biotope.
On site at the base:
- Our base is located in a shaded area and is equipped with sanitary facilities and dry toilets.
- We have an on-site snack bar which sells drinks and snacks (sweet and savoury).
For safety reasons, the following notions should be taken into consideration:
- You must be over 7 years old.
- You must be able to swim 25 metres.
- You must feel completely comfortable putting your head underwater.
- You must wear the life jacket we provide you with.
- You must keep enclosed shoes on throughout trip.
Clothing, equipment and snacks
We would advise you to come in sportswear adapted to the weather (swimming costumes, T-shirts, sweatshirts, wind-proof clothing…).
Remember to bring:
- Sun protection: cream, hat…
- Enclosed shoes (obligatory for safety reasons).
- Glasses fitted with a string or band to avoid losing them.
- A small first-aid kit.
- Food and drink.
Good to know: we provide a 55 litre dry barrel storage drum per canoe to keep your belongings dry.
We love nature
- Take your rubbish back with you after the trip (there are bins and selective sorting at the base).
- Do not light fires in the open.
- Be vigilant and careful when you go ashore.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Observe nesting grounds from afar, and stay away from the swans, particularly during the nesting period: male swans can be aggressive.
- Be sure to respect other river users as well as the local fishermen.